Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Gift From God

My husband has been trying to persuade me to buy myself a new vehicle for two years now. I don't like to spend money, so it takes a lot of coaxing. He has been worried that my old vehicle is not going to make the long trip in July for us to do Vacation Bible School. Recently, my sons have been pressuring me, as well; so I decided that last Saturday I would take a look at used vehicles. I didn't want a new one. Daniel, Chris and Matthew came with me to offer their advice. Tim stayed at home because he was sick. I prayed on the way there.

To make a long story short, my sons had to drag me away from drooling over FJ Cruisers and Jeeps. They told me that they are impractical. They use too much gas and have little storage space. Too bad. Instead, my sons tried to talk me into buying a black RAV4. It is in excellent shape, looks brand new and has very low mileage. It had just come in and was still in the shop for cleaning and inspection. The only problem is that I didn't like the colour. My sons thought it was cool! Despite their opinions, I decided to go shopping some more, dragging my sons with me. Finally, I came to my senses at the end and bought the RAV4. I am proud to say that I only glanced at the FJ Cruisers and Jeeps before I left the lot.

I made the right decision, with the help of my three sons, of course. Now I won't have to check the oil every week and have people gasp at the black smoke coming out of my exhaust. My old vehicle didn't have a block heater either, so I couldn't drive it anywhere in the extreme cold and leave it for any length of time. Yes, it gets that cold here. Otherwise, it wouldn't start and I would be stuck. Ok, I confess. It has happened to me a few times, since I moved here. The winters can be brutal!

Here is a picture of my new vehicle:


It is a 4-wheel drive! This SUV drives like a dream! I don't even think about FJ Cruisers or Jeeps anymore. Ooh! There goes one now up our street.

"So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give
good gifts to those who ask him."
Matthew 7:11

The RAV4 is an answer to prayer and a good gift from God. God enjoys giving gifts to His children, even more than we enjoy giving gifts to our children. Can you imagine that? It is so much fun having Christmas and birthdays parties for your children! I have never been able to sleep the night before my children opened up their presents for Christmas or their birthdays. I am just way too excited! Now if I get that excited, just think how ecstatic God must get when He gives gifts to us! All we need to do is ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment