Saturday, June 11, 2011

Look At The Birds

A week ago, we added two more pets to our household. I am sure you have guessed by now that my family and I are animal lovers. We have two dogs, one cat and now two birds. They are budgies. I enjoy hearing them sing during the day. Winters are so long here that I thought it would be nice to hear birds sing throughout the year in our house. My son, Matthew, loves birds and they are really his pets. He is trying to teach them to talk. However, Tim, with his sense of humour, is trying to teach them first the phrase, "Let me out! Let me out!"


Whenever Matthew enters the kitchen, the birds start to sing. They know him from everyone else in the household because he is the one that spends time with them daily.


The Bible tells us that God cares for the birds, and if God cares for the birds, how much more God cares for us.

"Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for
 your heavenly Father feeds them. and aren't you far more valuable
 to Him than they are?"
Matthew 6:26

Matthew hasn't named the birds yet. Do you have any suggestions? If so, comment on this post. We don't know if they are male or female yet, so the names will have to be non-gendre names.

No comments:

Post a Comment