Monday, June 20, 2011

Praise You In This Storm

In times of trouble, deep discouragement or fear, we need to look to God for strength and comfort. This is where our help will come from.

"I lift my eyes up to the hills,. Where does my help come from? 
My help comes from the Lord, Maker
 of heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2


On our moving trip here two years ago, we passed this magnificent mountain. When I gazed upon it I immediately sensed the presence of God. Calmness replaced the anxiety and sadness I felt from leaving our home, and the people we loved, to go live in a new province and city. The peace of God flooded my soul and I had the emotional strength to keep going.

Psalm 121:1-2 appears in the song, "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. My sons made their own recording of this song for my dad's funeral. Tim is singing. Daniel is playing the electric guitar, Chris the drums, and Matthew the bass.

If you are going through a storm of trouble or distress, I pray that this song will bring you comfort:


Always remember that God is right there, waiting for you to go to Him, so that He can surround you with His love and serenity, even in the midst of the most turbulent storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment