Friday, June 24, 2011

Noah, A Righteous Man

This Sunday I will be teaching the children the story of Noah. The Bible states in Genesis 6:9 that, "Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God."

What amazes me about this Bible story is that Noah was the only man on earth at the time who was righteous. The rest of the human race is described in Genesis 6:5: "The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time."

The question I ask myself is: How did Noah remain faithful to God without the support of a Church family or other Christians when everyone else was so evil? His strength in resisting the temptation to be accepted by others and his determination to be different for righteousness' sake is inspiring. How often are we, as Christians, afraid to speak the truth for fear of being condemned or ridiculed? Many times our desire is to be politically correct and acceptable to others, but sometimes that desire goes against the character and holiness of God. When I am reminded of the true story of Noah, it gives me the motivation to not be afraid to be Biblically correct, no matter what the outcome. It is more important to speak the truth and do the will of God than to be concerned with what others will think. I pray I will be able to instil this message in the hearts of the children this Sunday.

Here is one of the 60 postcards I made to give to each child to take home and colour. Matthew coloured this one for me as an example. I have also attached a small animal to each card as a memory of this extraordinary, God-fearing man called Noah. If it wasn't for his obedience to God, we wouldn't have the animals that we see here on earth today. (I love animals!)


Now an update on my wheels. I have a car to drive now! Praise be to God! The cargo carrier is coming in next week, so we can haul our musical instruments, as well our personal belongings, etc., in July when we will be travelling to minister to other children. I can't wait! It is now three and a half weeks away!


The paint actually has sparkles in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment