Sunday, June 05, 2011

Point2Jesus

My sons have recently named their band. It is now official. The band is called "Point2Jesus". Tim is the lead singer and keyboard player, Daniel is the electric guitar player and back-up singer, Chris is the drummer, and Matthew is the bass guitar player.

When the band leads worship for children, I teach the children sign language for the key words in the songs. I have loved the beauty of sign language for a long time and enjoy teaching children to sign. Once Tim was able to lead the singing, I backed off in leading singing to be a part of this ministry. It is amazing how quickly children pick up sign language and love to worship the Lord in this way. Currently, we are leading children's worship twice a month for the church we are attending.

Tim's picture:


A young girl gave Tim this chameleon as a gift last year at Vacation Bible School.

The only way I could ever get a serious picture of Tim as a child was when he was sleeping. To this day, I still have the same problem.

Tim as a child sleeping without making a face:


When Tim attended Sunday School as a child, his teachers would often complain to me about him cracking jokes in class. Today God uses Tim's sense of humour to minister the love of God to children by making them laugh.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
Proverbs 17:22a

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with singing."
Job 8:21

My sons and I love to laugh and we enjoy making others laugh. We have so much fun! Laughter can alleviate the stresses children and adults face in life. Laugh as much as you can! for it is God who created the joy of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment