Saturday, June 18, 2011

Running The Race

My father and mother-in-law have served God in ministry for forty-two years. They started off as preachers of the Assemblies of God in United States and then immigrated to Canada to be home missionaries in the Queen Charlotte Islands.

Here's a picture of the two of them at Queen Charlotte City:


My father-in-law at a beach in Queen Charlotte Islands digging for razor clams:



After serving God and the people there for seven years, they pastored several more churches throughout BC until their retirement. However, they continue to minister to people in a home group and are still asked to lead worship occasionally, as both are very musical. My father-in-law sings and plays the trombone. My mother-in-law harmonizes with him and plays the piano. In days gone past, she used to play the accordion as it was transportable, since they didin't have keyboards in those days.

My mother-in-law playing the accordion:



My father and mother in-law have fought the fight to do good and serve God. They have kept their faith in Jesus and His Word. One day there will be a glorious reward for them in Heaven when they get to meet their precious Saviour face to face. May they be an example to all of us, especially when we start to feel weary and tired, longing for justice, peace, and righteousness in our world.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which
the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day
—and not only to me, but also to all who
have longed for his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:7-8

We are currently enjoying a visit from them.

This is a picture my son, Chris, took of them in our home:


God will not only reward my in-laws, but all of us who run the race and cross that finish line. There may be falls along the ways, but don't give up. Get up, dust yourself off and keep going. Your reward will be great! It will be beyond your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment