Friday, June 03, 2011

God Hears Every Prayer

One day, during the time I was engaged to be married to Brian, we were sitting on the front porch of my parent's house. We were being entertained by watching the children play in the neighbourhood, when a young curly red-headed boy came up to us to talk. I thought the boy was so adorable that I silently made a request to God in prayer. I told Him that I would like to have a red-headed son one day, just like this boy. I then looked at Brian and viewed his black hair and dark skin, and decided that probably won't happen. I never gave it another thought.

Then a year and a half later, I gave birth to our first son. When I looked upon him for the first time, I noticed that he had red hair! I couldn't believe my eyes! I instantly remembered my secret prayer to God and smiled. God really does give you the desires of your heart. Our second son, was also born with red hair. God doubled my request! And his hair is really curly!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

A picture of our two red-headed sons at a Christian family camp:


Everywhere I went people would gaze upon our two boys and comment how cute they were with their red hair. God is so good!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down
from the Father of heavenly lights."
James 1:17a

Our next son looked like his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment