Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Lord's Regret

My son, Matthew, took this picture of me and my new car to send to my mother. I am very happy with this vehicle! So far everything is fine. Just to make sure though, I got extra insurance. I don't want to take any chances.


As I continue my studies in Genesis about Noah, I cannot help but ponder verse 6 in Genesis chapter 6. The Bible says that during the life of Noah that "The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled." The turmoil and pain God must have felt at the time had to be immense because he loved man so much! Yet, the people had turned against their Creator. They had forgotten His love. They failed to remember the delight He had in creating them and the beautiful world for  them to live in. They disregarded His earnest desire to have an intimate relationship with them.

Parents who have had a rebellious or wayward son or daughter turn their back against family and the godly principles they were taught would have some understanding as to how God must have felt. There could be no better parent than our heavenly Father, and yet so many people, even today, reject and scorn Him. Therefore, godly parents who have had children that have gone astray should never feel guilty. God is not at fault when one of His children forsake Him and neither is a parent who truly loves their child and desires only the best for them. As parents, all we can do is our best and then continue to pray for our children daily, knowing that God fully understands the joys and heartaches that come with parenting.

I bought this puppet recently at a Christian book store, not knowing I would be soon doing a study on Noah.


The actual puppet's name on his tag is "Noah". I have many animal puppets, but only one people puppet, so I bought this guy and three others. They weren't that much money and my sons and I liked the feel of these puppets in operating their mouths. I thought they were cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment