Thursday, June 09, 2011

Matthew: Gift of God

Matthew is truly a gift of God. When I was pregnant with Matthew in the first trimester, I almost miscarried him. I wasn't nauseated in the least bit like I should have been, which my doctor told me may not be a good sign. Then I started to bleed one evening. However, I decided to wait til morning to go to the hospital. I felt I had probably already miscarried, so I didn't see the need to go right away. I was very despondent before I went to bed. I prayed to God, but I felt it was already too late. I had miscarried twice before I was pregnant with Matthew, so I wondered if maybe it wasn't God's will for me to have a fourth child. 

Then when I woke up in the morning, God gave me His peace and the assurance that I would carry this baby full-term. I never went to see the doctor as planned. The bleeding stopped and I began for the first time to feel nauseated. I gave birth seven months later to a healthy eight and half pound baby boy. I named him Matthew because his name means, "gift of God."

Here is a recent picture Tim took of his brother Matthew:


Matthew is the one that looks like me the most. He has my hair colouring and blue eyes. He is also the only son who talks non-stop if you are ever alone with him. Ever since he could talk, he has been like that. I always know what he is thinking and feeling. My husband tells me I am like that too.  He says it makes his job easier because he never has to guess. Uh, okay.

When we were up at my brother's lake-front property one summer, the time Matthew caught his first fish, my brother took Matthew for a ride in his truck. When they arrived back, my brother told me he got a kick out of how much Matthew talked. He told me that Matthew never stopped and wasn't too sure if he was taking the time to breath periodically. I laughed.

Matthew just beginning to talk and from there on it has never ended:


"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him."
 Psalm 127:3

Each child born in this world is unique and special! Every child is a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment