Sunday, June 26, 2011

Friendship Is Gold

Last night, all of my four sons, my husband and I went to the theatre to see the movie Cars 2.  Of course we had to see it in 3D and wear those geeky sunglasses. I sat beside Daniel and giggled when I looked at him and he smirked backed at me. When a good animated/family movie comes out in theatres, we often all go together to see it. We have done this as a family for many years and still enjoy doing it. Hey, what can I say? We all enjoy humour and there is always so much humour in these types of movies.

The lesson that was predominant in this movie was the value of friendships. As with any close relationships, whether it be with your married partner, friends or family members, there will always be conflict at times caused by disappointment and fuelled by anger. At these moments, the ability to forgive and to say "I'm sorry" is essential for a relationship to continue. Those two words spoken in sincerity can restore a fractured heart and bring imminent healing to any relationship. However, the person receiving the apology must be also willing to forgive.

The Bible has many verses about the importance of being able to forgive. This is one of my favourites:

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, 
as God in Christ forgave you."
Ephesians 4:32

If you are struggling to forgive another, is easier to do so when we realize the forgiveness we have received in Christ Jesus and the price He paid in order to offer that forgiveness to us.

The Bible also says restore that precious relationship right away. The longer people wait, the more damage it does to their mind, body and spirit. Don't wait and go to bed angry and hurt.

"And 'don't sin by letting anger control you.' Don't let the sun go
 down while you are still angry."
Ephesians 4:26


I love to take pictures of sunrises and sunsets. They are so beautiful! God's creativity is so astounding at times!

When I look at this picture and remember what Ephesians 4:26 says, I can't help but think of the close intimate relationships that I have had in the past that were completely destroyed because one person was unable to forgive or to say "I'm sorry". Why can those two small words be so hard to say when they can bring so much healing to the other person? I'll never know. May we work harder to restore these trusted relationships as soon as possible. Otherwise, they will continue to haunt you forever or until you are ready to forgive or apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment