Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Tangled Scooter

Since I am temporarily without a vehicle, Matthew offered to loan me his Tangled scooter that I bought for him as a prop in a play I wrote. I appreciate the offer — I was even tempted to use it — but I am not that desperate, not yet anyways. Well, maybe ...


Don't you just love that movie? If you haven't seen it, it is a must!

I guess you are wondering by now which vehicle I chose in exchange for my black 2006 RAV4. When Matthew and I went to the Toyota dealership yesterday morning at nine, my salesman immediately spotted us. I will be honest with you. I was sick to my stomach and didn't sleep well the night before. Anyways, the salesman excitedly came over to us to show us a blizzard pearl 2009 RAV4 that was just traded in earlier that morning. If you recall, I never liked the colour black. White was my preferred colour. This RAV4 has a bit more kilometers on it though, apparently mostly freeway driving. However, it is in better condition and newer than my other one. Plus, it is white, not black! Or did I already say that? Matthew really likes it because it has a cool sound system, a typical reaction from a musician. This RAV4 is a little more money, but not much more.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love
 Him, who have been called according to His purpose." 
Romans 8:28

I praise God that everything worked out for the good, just like the verse above states. It wasn't by coincidence that the 2009 RAV4 was traded in at the right moment when I so desperately needed one. I have the colour I wanted too! (I know, I keep repeating myself). It is just that black shows up all the dirt and this sparkly pearl white is so pretty. I'm a woman. What can I say? Colour is important. Ok, maybe brakes are too ...

Hopefully, the 2009 RAV4 will have been inspected, front windshield replaced, washed and ready for me to take it home later today. I can't wait! If not, I just might have to use Matthew's scooter to run to the store. I am running out of milk, bread, butter ... I have an army to feed!

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment