Thursday, June 02, 2011

Triumphal Entry Puppet Show

Tim and I wrote this puppet show for Wednesday Night at Faith Divers a few days ago. I thought of the idea when I was in one of my crazy moods. I confess, it happens periodically. I thought, "Let's not use puppets this time; let's use socks!" It's even scarier to think that all my sons were whole-heartedly in agreement to this. As a backdrop, we used a laundry basket filled with dirty clothes.

Matthew is Tommy, Tim is Blake, and I am Billy. Billy is the sock who so desperately wants to help with the story telling, but the other socks won't let him speak hardly at all.

Here is the puppet show:


As a simple craft, I gave each child a flat rock to make faces on them as if they were singing or shouting. Chris took a picture of some of these rocks to make a postcard to give to each child with the Bible verse on it.


"At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on
earth, and under the earth, and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:10-11

At the end of this present world, there will come a time where every person will bow at the name of Jesus and confess that He is Lord, even those who despised and rejected Him here on earth. However, it is God's greatest desire for all people to come to believe in Him and accept Him as their Lord and Saviour.

In the Bible story, the Pharisees told Jesus to quiet the people. They thought they were making too much noise praising Him and thus, causing a great disturbance. Jesus responded and said if they be quiet, then the rocks will burst out in cheers of praise. May we not neglect to praise our God daily for all His good and wonderful deeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment